Our lodge is located in a very special spot.
More than once you probably heard it being called” Paradise on Earth”.
This is one of the main reasons why we are really committed to protect this piece of heaven and the only home we have in this universe: The Planet!
At Tipiliuke, we understand the impact that our business has on the environment and therefore we are seriously devoted to running the lodge in a way that ensures environmental sustainability.
These are only a few examples of how we reduce our footprint on nature:
1. We have a little shop where most of the things we display are made and designed by local Argentinian craftsmen such us: silversmiths, photographers, painters and designers from the closest town of San Martin de los Andes and who share our commitment to the preservation of the planet too.
2. Our recycling program includes our own compost and the local recycling company" SIRVE” from San Martin de los Andes. Our garbage is selected and separated in three categories.
3. We classify and separate our garbage Bins with recycling symbols are located in the kitchen and outside in the wading room area.
4. We are on our 3rd year of our “Ban to Plastic Water Bottles “ We offer all our guests their own Tipiliuke Lodge bottle to use and refill during their stay and take home with them.
5. We have Water Dispensers at different areas of the lodge.
6. Most of our menu is composed by local organic grown produce as well as free range cattle and poultry.
7. Our amenities are produced locally with our own lavender and roses. We have organic soap, shampoo and conditioner, lotion and room spray that we refill constantly instead of having individual throw away bottles.
8. Our guests are given the option to re-use their towels to avoid the excessive use of water and detergent.
9. Our hot water and heating system come from a wood burning furnace so that we can use the timber from our old trees therefore no electric energy or fuel is required for this purpose.
Some of our favorite quotes:
¨Earth laughs in Flowers¨
¨The earth has music, for those who listen¨
¨The earth is what we all have in common¨
¨The earth does not belong to us. We belong to the earth¨
¨Life comes from the earth and life returns to the earth¨
We are always open for more eco friendly suggestions, feel free to share them with us at email@example.com